Monday, May 23, 2016

Easy gluten-free/paleo chicken nuggets that kids will love

I have two seriously picky eaters in my house. They are on the classic “beige diet” . . . they would prefer their food consist of some variation of flour and cheese. Pizza and pasta with no sauce are their staples. They’ve never met a green herb that didn’t provoke tears.

Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that both adults and kids will love!

As such, I’ve worked hard at creating a chicken nugget recipe that I can make in bulk and keep on hand to provide them with some healthy protein. I also wanted something that was gluten-free (since my son is gluten-free), and that could work with my Paleo/Whole 30 leanings. I’m hear to report that I’ve figured out a recipe that my kids LOVE, and that is so easy to make that they can actually do it themselves. It’s simple. So simple.

Your ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp coriander
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 8-10 chicken tenders (or 4-6 chicken breasts, pounded thin and sliced like tenders

Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that both adults and kids will love!

Place all of the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl and mix.

Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that both adults and kids will love!

Dredge the chicken through the meal, pressing it to coat thoroughly.

Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that both adults and kids will love!

Place a tablespoon of olive oil ( or the oil of your choice) in a non-stick pan and saute until browned and cooked through.

=Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that both adults and kids will love!

This is definitely a meal kids can make themselves. Here is India showing you how:

 

Simple gluten-free, paleo chicken nuggests that kids can make themselves

My kids love to make these, and the love eating them even more. In fact, as I’m typing this, India (my pickiest eater) is looking over my shoulder and telling me, “Say they are chicken nuggets that kids will LOVE.”

Okay folks. You heard it from her.

Source: Easy gluten-free/paleo chicken nuggets that kids will love

No comments:

Post a Comment